This picture was too good for me not to share.
This is Chris Dobens, creator of the Boston Strong T shirt campaign, embracing his girlfriend,Emily Engelhardt, who was injured in last year’s marathon bombing, right before she crosses the finish line.
This picture is, in my opinion, one of the most important ones taken today.
tips for when you’re feeling uncomfortably full
- tell yourself that you have a cute tummy full of love
- remind yourself that it’s going to be okay
- take deep breaths, this won’t last forever
- maybe do some gentle stretches
- tell yourself that you are beautiful
- believe it too, or at least try right now because you’re great
- remember that you’re doing wonderful things in this world!!
- give yourself a hug, you’re super
Exercises that activate each buttocks muscle :
- MEDIUS - Jumping Jacks
- MAXIMUS - Deep Lunges
- MINIMUS - Squats
Honestly, you need NOTHING else to get the butt you dream of, just these three exercises!
Running is not just a sport.
- It is early mornings and peanut butter.
- It’s slipping on ice and sweating to death.
- It’s feeling like you can’t breathe and wishing your legs would fall off.
- It’s sticking it out on the treadmill, the road and/or the track and pushing through bad runs.
- There is no off-season, no one to cheer you on at 5:00 a.m, and no cure for your hunger.
- When it comes down to it, running is whatever you want it to be, whatever you need to be, and whatever you have in you.
If you wan’t to get a really great upper body workout you don’t need to go to the gym or spend a lot of money buying weights. The fact is weight is weight and it doesn’t have to be covered in neoprene to be useful for getting in shape. Almost all of us have a backpack laying around so put it to use by packing it with some books or anything of weight around you and start shaping and strengthening your upper body. Doing any of my other 31 day challenges? The challenge fits perfectly with any of the other plans. You can check them out here -
On the eve of the Boston Marathon, we at Spartan Race, along with the country, pay tribute to all the victims and survivors of last year’s attack.
Pictured are athletes and citizens who lived through the events and won’t let tragedy grind them to a halt. This series shot by Robert X. Fogerty for Dear World captures the resilience of those affected that can’t be dampened. Please visit their site to learn more about these people’s stories and pay tribute.
Boston is as strong as community as the world has. We are proud to be part of it. On Marathon Monday, we will be there and along with the rest of the world, we will be watching a city recover as one.